In a world where skincare brands often hide behind complex jargon and unclear ingredient lists, I’m From stands out with its pledge of absolute transparency. It's a bold move, one that makes you wonder — are they the real deal or just another name in the game?
As someone who doesn't take such promises at face value, I approached their acclaimed I’m From Rice Serum with a mix of excitement and skepticism. Scroll through for a no-frills review and a critical look at the ingredients that are supposed to set this product apart.
Box, Bottle, and Pump
Box: I’m From is creative. Just look at its packaging! It has not only information about components and directions of use but also a description of the place where the main ingredient was found. The brand dedicated a whole side of the box, painting an island with a latitude and longitude. This is nice because we can take an imaginary journey when we start using its product.
Bottle: The serum is stored in a durable glass bottle that takes it to the next level of luxury. On the one hand, this material is expensive, directly reflected in the product’s price. On the other hand, a glass bottle prolongs a serum’s shelf-life and doesn’t leach chemical components into the formula.
Pump: I’m From Rice Serum has an airless pump, which is absolutely amazing. It is more hygienic than traditional pumps or droppers because you don’t need to dig your fingers into the product, contaminating it. Besides, the airless pump protects the formula from the outside air, which is especially crucial for sensetive ingredients. Finally, unlike a regular pump, it can pull the remaining product up to dispense. That means less waste!
Key Ingredients Analysis
Let's break down the ingredients in your serum in a way that feels more like we're chatting over coffee rather than studying for a chemistry exam, shall we?
- Rice Ferment Filtrate: Think of this as a superfood cocktail for your skin, crafted from brown rice. It's got all the good stuff, like active polypeptides and amino acids, perfect for soothing your skin and helping with cell turnover. Plus, it balances your skin's pH like a pro.
- Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, this skincare sweetheart is all about rejuvenation. It calms down redness, smooths out little lines, evens out your complexion, and gives dullness to the boot.
- Squalane: This guy is the Hercules of hydration. Found naturally in your skin, it locks in moisture, softens any rough patches, and keeps irritation at bay.
- Panthenol: Also called pro-vitamin B5, this is a moisture magnet that also calms inflammation and kickstarts skin healing. It's like a comforting hug for your skin, protecting it from the harsh world outside.
- Tranexamic Acid: Here's your secret weapon against dark spots and any leftover marks from a breakout. It's like an eraser for your skin's pigmentation party fouls.
- Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: This is hyaluronic acid that's been made super accessible for your skin, staying mostly on the surface. While it's not the deepest hydrator, it's often paired with others for that extra moisture boost.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Imagine hyaluronic acid's more adventurous cousin that dives deep into your skin to deliver a splash of hydration to the areas that really need it.
- Madecassoside: Extracted from the healing herb Centella Asiatica, this ingredient is a soothing savant, especially for those with sensitive or reactive skin.
- Portulaca Oleracea Extract: Packed with vitamins and minerals, this plant extract is the ultimate skin defender, fighting inflammation, speeding up healing, and warding off environmental aggressors.
There you go! Your skincare allies are demystified and ready to work their magic on your skin.
I'm From Rice Serum Personal Experience
A little about my skin story: I’m 29 with that classic combo skin — a little oily here, a bit dry there, and the occasional cameo of a blackhead around the nose. It’s like my skin is trying to keep things interesting. And sensitivity? Well, that’s been the theme since I waved goodbye to my teens.
Here's the kicker—my skin decided to turn hypersensitive when I hit the big two-oh. So now, I'm that person who scrutinizes ingredient lists like a detective and never slathers anything on my face without the mandatory patch test. Call me cautious, but a reaction isn't worth the risk.
Now, as someone who's all about giving new skincare a whirl, stumbling upon I'm From Rice Serum was like hitting the jackpot. It's not just another bottle on the shelf; it's a promise of excitement bottled up, waiting to be tested on a skincare aficionado like me. So, let's talk about how this serum and I got along.
How Do I Use it?
I started using I’m From Rice Serum in July. Since it is the hottest period of the year, the steps of my skincare routine are cut down to a minimum. So, my strategies for using this serum might seem unusual, but my skin responded positively, which means I did everything right. You can try this regimen as well if you have a similar skin condition.
Simple Skin Care Routine For Hot Days:
- Toner -> I’m From Rice Serum -> Sunscreen
- I’m From Rice Serum -> Sunscreen
Simple Skin Care Routine For Cold Days:
- Toner -> I’m From Rice Serum -> Moisturizer -> Sunscreen
- I’m From Rice Serum -> Moisturizer -> Sunscreen
How Does My Skin Response?
Next, I would like to describe the product itself and how my skin has interacted with it. The serum is not thick and has a gel consistency. The texture is light, watery, and very moisturizing. There is no annoying smell, which made me happy the most. When applied to the skin, it absorbs very quickly and leaves only a soft glow on the face. After about five minutes, the skin completely absorbs the product and doesn’t shine. It leaves no film or any sticky feeling. I like how deeply it hydrates my skin without clogging the pores.
Pros of I’m From Rice Serum
- Premium package
- Ideal well-balanced ingredients
- Replaces toner and moisturizer in summer
- Refresh tired look
- Suits any skin type
Cons of I’m From Rice Serum
I tried hard to find any disadvantages of this product, but it works as intended. The only thing that saddens me is that formula runs out fast. So, get a second one in advance.